Ha, part of the secret is taking photos in May, when they are at their best and their colour makes a nice contrast with the purples in the ajuga and Johnson's Blue hardy geranium (both of whose blooms are gone fairly quickly). Planting in a fairly shady location with judicious use of black mulch for extra colour "pop" probably also helps them look good.
I'm spending the hibernation months boning up on gardening tips in preparation for when I can actually get out there again. Bring on the fully fledged Spring!
6 comments:
I'm yearning for a chance to see my garden growing again. The ache is stronger every day. We had more snow last night. Shoot!!!
VERY nice job on the rock "bones" and plants; looks like a garden magazine cover.
Don
I love that you use the orange-y leaf heucheras so well... and that they look so lush! (What's your secret?)
Ha, part of the secret is taking photos in May, when they are at their best and their colour makes a nice contrast with the purples in the ajuga and Johnson's Blue hardy geranium (both of whose blooms are gone fairly quickly). Planting in a fairly shady location with judicious use of black mulch for extra colour "pop" probably also helps them look good.
Do you have any tiny green shoots of anything coming up soon? Hopefully we'll get some signs of life in the next month!
I'm spending the hibernation months boning up on gardening tips in preparation for when I can actually get out there again. Bring on the fully fledged Spring!
Post a Comment