Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rainy Day Garden

"April showers bring May flowers." What a cliché!

Besides, I've got flowers in April. Even in the rain, a garden in bloom can be a nice welcome home.

Front Garden in the Rain

Front Garden in the Rain
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Magnolia

Magnolia
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Daffodils and Early Tulips

Daffodils and Early Tulips
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Pink Tulips Ready to Bloom

Pink Tulips Ready to Bloom
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

I took these photos with my iPhone camera when I got out of the car, just because it made me feel so good to arrive in my driveway with a view of flowers.

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Gardenista said...

The rain does nothing to dampen the beauty of those spring flowers. How lovely.

Kerri said...

How nice to hear from you, Karen! Isn't it lovely to see color returning to the garden? I know just how you feel, seeing the flowers as you arrive home. They certainly lift the spirit after enduring our long, cold winters.
It's wonderful to see your gardens blooming again. That magnolia is gorgeous!
Happy spring to you!

Ginnie Hart said...

I should have known you'd have a magnolia tree!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! it's so nice to pull up to your home with a view like that, makes you glad you got the rain.

Anonymous said...

your blog was the one that got me started reading blogs. Like you I haven't been able to do any real gardening for a while. But I have been able to somewhat keep up on the maintenance. Hoping to do better next spring or fall.