Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First Hard Frost

We woke up yesterday to a hard frost, but the weather soon warmed up again (into the mid-teens, on the Celsius scale) through the day. I took advantage of pretty frost patterns to get a little creative with my photography.

Ankums Pride Hardy Geranium Leaves

Ankums Pride

Frosty Leaves

Frosty Leaves with Yellow and Red

Autumn Buddha Head

Autumn Buddha Head

Eco-Grass with Frosty Maple Leaves

Leaves in Frost
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

10 comments:

Priscilla George said...

Beautiful photos of your frost. I like the first 2 the most. They have nice autumn color so they are still feel warm.

Alison said...

I love the last shot...we had "snow" here today...

Unknown said...

Wow... gorgeous pictures as always, Karen. I especially like the second picture with all of the frosted, curled leaves.

Kerri said...

Each season gives wonderful opportunities for photographs and yours are beautiful. I especially love the second one.
We had our first frost last Friday morning, and then a harder one on Monday morning.
I guess it's finally time for the plants to settle in for that long winter's nap!
I've been planting some tulips.

LostRoses said...

Each of those photos is a work of art, Karen. You've really captured the "autumn-into-winter" feel. Oh, how cute those skunks are in a previous post!

Jessica said...

wow, those pictures are stunning!! You did such a wonderful job of capturing the textures!

Bob said...

Even though the first frost is a sign that winter is on its way, it sure creates some beautiful photo ops. You r pictures are wonderful.

Don't they look like they are sugar coated?

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures..fall is beautiful with so many colours..

Ewa said...

Dear karen,
I was pointed by jodi as meme tag ‘victim’ and you are one of my ‘victims’ - please have a look at my blog.
Greetings,

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Karen,I love the artfully taken photographs.They are almost works of art.I like the maple leaves on the eco grass.The frost has defined the features sharply of what you have taken :)