The poppies are pretty much done. I do love the poppy pods that are left in the garden after the fact, though.
'Patty's Plum', The Last Poppy of 2012
Japanese Iris
'Honey Baby'
Penstemon 'Husker Du'
White Hardy Geranium (Cranesbill)
'Little Red Spring Song'
Most of the plants are healthy and pushing forth stems with small, developing buds. I'm waiting to see the damage from last fall's tree removal. The healthy plants seem to benefit from the extra sunshine, but many plants were located near the trees that were removed and may have been subjected to boot-trampling and other stress. I suppose I should be happy to have an excuse to acquire more plants, but it's harder to do now. My favourite place to buy, Canning Perennials, was up for sale the last time we visited a couple of years ago and is (probably) no more. And it's a long trek to the daylily farm. So this year is going to be mainly "wait and see" for the garden.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.






3 comments:
Your wait-and-see garden is already spectacular, Karen. Astrid and I both would be in heaven there. That's one thing she really misses by living in our apartment...her garden! So she plays around with the windowsill plants and now the balcony flower box. In fact, on Saturday she even made her oen fuschia hanging basket! YAY.
Everyone must like your post. These are awesome flowers.
"Everyone must like your post. These are awesome flowers."
Couldn't agree more!
Post a Comment