Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Autumn in the Garden

Here is my garden in autumn.

Moonglow Rebloom

Yellow on Yellow
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Not much good having a yellow flower surrounded by so many yellow leaves fallen from the Honey Locust tree above. It gets kind of lost.

Red October

Red October Blooms
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

True to its name, my hosta 'Red October' is blooming quite happily.

Autumn Entrance

Fall Entrance
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

The Buddha head surrounded by ivy is now surrounded by a carpet of tiny yellow leaves.

Dandelion

Ubiquitous
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

This is another yellow flower taking the opportunity to rebloom in my garden. This one is not quite as welcome.

Rozanne Hardy Geranium

Rozanne Hardy Geranium
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

The bees are still out, but they are slow and even more bumbling in the cooler weather.

Japanese Anemone

Japanese Anemone
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

These late bloomers are beautiful in the autumn garden.

Autumn Vine

Vine
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Well, my neighbours didn't kill it all in July. A couple of tendrils survived to grow up the wall of the shed. The colour is just starting. In a couple of days the red will really pop.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

fall has always been my fav season, love the colours!
i have some spring perennials that are reblooming, first time that has happened in years, i guess it's the type of summer we've had.
i've also got a beautiful dandelion (ok, more than one) in full bloom that i plan on dealing with this week!

Gardenista said...

I love your Japanese anemones. I know one person who grows them up here in the north, but I think she's been covering them with quilts at night for the last three weeks!

Kerri said...

I'm amazed you still had a daylily bloom on the 15th! It's lovely, lost or not!
That's a perfect little dandelion.
Rozanne is so pretty. The bees are finding very few blooms in my garden now. We've had a frosty week, plus cold wind and rain today. Even the fall foliage has mostly faded to drab already, sad to say, with only a few burst of color here and there.
I was so pleased with my Japanese anemones this year...such beautiful, delicate blooms.
Happy fall, Karen!

Anonymous said...

Yippee, Karen, you're back!!!

Love the autumn pix. We're heading to our cottage in MI next week to start raking & closing up.
It'll take a couple of visits. Hope something is blooming yet up there. For sure I'll have colorful leaves....

Cookie

Annie in Austin said...

Our autumns don't look much alike, Karen! No dandelions, hostas, anemones or hardy geraniums grow here, but there are a few strands of Virginia Creeper turning crimson....at least we have that in common.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

IlonaGarden said...

Such lovely things- you have such an eye for the beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am from Australia. I love looking at gardens. It's just finished spring over here. Beautiful photo's. I have similar plants in my garden. Isn't it funny how the internet makes the world a small place.

Cheers
Riley

Anonymous said...

I just gave you a Lemonade Award, isn't that awesome?

Ewa said...

Dear Karen,
I wonder how r u :)
just to let u know there is your content stolen on the blog
www.silite.com
there was more stuf from our blogs, but they removed after complaints.
u may read more about it here:
http://www.tinyurl.pl?MW3FiMzT
Greetings,
Ewa

Anonymous said...

Though Dandelions are often unwelcome, your picture reminds me of the simple beauty of the flower. The color is welcome as we march off into winter and they are the harbinger of Spring. I know that warm weather is here to stay when I look out across my field the morning after a heavy rainfall and see a sea of yellow.

Anonymous said...

Greetings. I am from Malaysia. New to blogging and also gardening. Nice blog and love all the pictures, simply awesome.

Esther said...

just found your blog and it's a wonderful lift on a day full of grey skys and snow so thank you very much for sharing your wonderful photos !

Anonymous said...

Art is something that is really completely out of the ordinary for me.. It is the flame that puts out the shame and heartache that my day went through. It is a beautiful thing. Yet at the same time it can mind boggle a soul into thinking something completely different. What I love bout art, is that you envision your own meaning behind the creativity of the art itself. Your imagination can take you many places and only in your imagination can you be in two happy places at once :)